Stretching Britvic’s J2O into New Categories
Britvic Soft Drinks asked us to help them identify opportunties to stretch their J2O brand into new categories within the Adult Socialising need-space.
Britvic’s J2O is already well-established as an adult-socialising brand.
It performs well in both pubs & bars and take-home retail.
However, over the years, it has begun to lose some of its ‘adult edge’.
The challenge was:
- Generate relevant, premium solutions for adult socialising moments – where alcohol isn’t desired.
- Simultaneously reinforce and refresh the relevance of the J2O brand – for a new generation of consumers.
Unlocking Insight-Driven Growth
We put together an agile programme of consumer insight gathering, co-creation and concept validation – that led to the launch of a range of three J2O Mocktails.
Insights, Ideas & Co-Creation
Online ethnography provided rich insights into the frustrations and challenges faced by adult socialisers – when seeking engaging & satisfying non-alcoholic drinks
We helped our clients translate these clues into a bank of potential solutions – for co-creation with target-market consumers
Concept Refinement & Validation
A range of promising innovation spaces were identified from the initial research – which we helped them prioritise based on consumer excitement and brand relevance.
We then worked with the team to optimise and screen the most promising concepts – until non-alcoholic cocktails were identified as the strongest proposition.
What’s Your Growth Challenge?
What is the challenge that’s holding back your business growth?
- Disruptive Strategy: Need to refocus your ways-of-winning?
- New Product Ideas: Need to build a pipeline of breakthrough NPD?
- Brand Renovation: Need to revitalise an existing brand?
- Brand Stretch: Need to build new value streams from your core brand equity?
Whatever your challenge – we can help!